Permanent makeup simulates the effects of lip liners, eyeliners, and eyebrow pencils. It imitates freshly applied makeup on the lips and eyes. This is accomplished by using a tattoo pen for injecting permanent ink into the skin in a procedure that can take about 30 minutes to 2 hours. A local anesthetic helps numb the areas, and you might experience some swelling for a few days before healing. Permanent makeup is trendy among models and actresses.
WHO NEEDS THE PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Both men and women can apply permanent makeup. Apart from saving you from the daily makeup sessions that can take up your time, the use is for cosmetic improvements. In addition to the permanent lip liner, eyebrows and eyeliner, permanent makeup can be used in procedures to cover scars, hairline enhancement, areola restoration, and others. People with noticeable freckles, age spots, and uneven discolorations of the skin, birthmarks and stretch marks can also use it to hide such imperfections. People left burned, chemotherapy patients, people with sensitive skin and even those with physical conditions that make it difficult for them to apply makeup can also consider permanent makeup as a good solution.
COMMON PERMANENT MAKEUP PROCEDURE
The lip pigmentation procedure improves the color of the lips and you can choose the one you prefer. It also changes the size and shape of the lips, depending on the one that best fits your face. It also allows you to choose a natural look or choose colors with special effects depending on what you want. Semi-permanent makeup is chosen for two aspects:
For a practical aspect: do not need to touch up makeup. For an aesthetic appearance: correct defects: too thin, asymmetrical lips, etc. Permanent makeup will allow you to reshape your lips.
Permanent makeup allows you to draw the outline of the lips or to fill the lips. The latter is not intended to give you a lipstick but rather to return the natural color to your lips providing volume.
The permanent makeup of the eyebrows is a technique to correct their shape, their design and their thickness; in a non-definitive way, but that will last for a long time. Like a tattoo, this type of makeup uses from pigments microinjected into the skin, above the dermis.
Why choose permanent makeup?
It can correct some minor flaws:
- correct eyebrows too thin or nonexistent
- eyebrows too short, asymmetrical or poorly structured
- fill in “holes” in the eyebrows badly trimmed
- cover a scar
- restructure your look by changing the shape of your eyebrows
The advantage of permanent makeup eyebrows is that it resists water. Ideal for athletes, it is also popular with women who have trouble putting on makeup or who do not have much time to wear makeup. This type of makeup is for everyone who wants to change the appearance of their eyebrows and get perfect eyebrows.
The outline of your eyebrows must depend on two criteria: the shape and the color of your eyebrows.
Choice of the form:
In general, if you have:
- a soft or round face: you can to give more expression, choose eyebrows slightly arched.
- an oval face: choose a natural curve of your eyebrows.
- a pointed or square face: round shapes will soften your face.
- a large or elongated face: long and slightly accentuated eyebrows will highlight the shape of your face.
Be careful if you have certain peculiarities like an “elevator eyebrow,” which often tends to rise when you think. It will also take into account to avoid any surprises in the final result.
Choice of color:
The color should be closest to your natural color.
It is common for the professional operating to make a shade of color above, usually a semitone, of the one chosen by the client. The goal is to get used to this change at first.
The professional you choose should help you in your decision, by advising you the best according to the shape of your face and the result that you expect.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE CHOOSING THE PERMANENT MAKE-UP
– A specialized beautician or a dermatologist must do this makeup.
Make sure of his qualifications. Indeed, the result will be durable, the intervention is delicate and what is more, touches important zones of our body: our face!
We advise you to choose a professional experienced in the permanent makeup of the eyebrows.
– Prefer the mineral pigments to synthetic pigments. It is indeed proven that mineral pigments eliminate the risk of allergies thanks to their following characteristics: absence of toxicity, stability to light, inertia to the metabolism, etc.
– Ask for a detailed quote mentioning the conditions of intervention: chosen colors, chosen route, prices, etc.
– Check the circumstances the permanent makeup of the eyebrows is practiced. Syringes should be single-use, and surgeon gloves should be used during the procedure.
In any case, take the time to get started. Do several tests if you are unsure of yourself. The result must be harmonizing with your personality. Take care also to choose a professional with whom you will feel comfortable and who will advise you.
COMMON RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PERMANENT MAKEUP
Even with the long list of benefits, the treatment involves serious procedures, and you should ensure that you get them done by a trained and licensed professional. It is not only essential to provide that the permanent makeup supplies are high in quality but also that the makeup artist has necessary permanent makeup training. Some of the possible risks include;
- Infections from unsterile equipment and needles
- Granulomas and scarring
- Allergic reactions and removal problems
It’s very important to consider the possible risks and the cost because the procedures can be costly.